Stowe High School Family Update
November 28, 2023
“The mission of Stowe High School is to provide a welcoming and academically rigorous environment, where all students are encouraged to be Creative, Caring and Collaborative learners”
Welcome back from the well deserved Thanksgiving break! I hope all of our families had time to relax, reconnect, recharge and enjoy a filling holiday meal.
Today, we held our first of the year, school-wide Safety Drill. Students were asked to clear the halls and remain in their classroom while the building was secured. This drill is done in case there was a real emergency in the halls in order to protect the privacy of a student in crisis.
We are looking forward to having as many families as possible for our conferences on December 8th- If you have not already done so, please use the link below to select a time. If you do not see a time to meet your student’s teachers, you can always email them for an after school appointment later on.
Mr. K’s Health class talked about healthy vs. unhealthy aspects of relationships today. Here is part of the activity from this morning!
Mr. Self’s Biology class learned about protein modeling today
December 8th- No School-Teacher/Family Conferences
December 14th- 10th Grade field trip to GMTCC
December 25-Jan. 1- December Break
January 2nd- 8 Block day
January 8-12 – Mid Term Exams- Click here for daily schedule
January 15th- No School (Martin Luther King Jr. day)
January 19th- Friday Program Starts for SHS
January 26th- Friday Program
February 2nd- No School/ Professional Development
February 7th- 10th Grade Meeting @ 8am in the Auditorium
From The Desk of Tim Albertson (AD- Athletics/Activities)
Hoping you all had a great week. It’s nice to see the snow on the mountains. Winter Sports begin on Monday November 27th. I hope to have rosters for each sport by the end of the week. Here is the schedule for the upcoming week.
If you have not received the access code for the Sportsyou App, please let me know. Your coaches will be using Sportsyou to communicate to you throughout the season.
Please reach out to me if you have any questions.
Stowe Recreation Department is looking for Basketball Officials:
We are still seeking referees for our youth games. Games start in mid December and run through mid February, on Fridays and Saturdays. Full game schedule will be provided. Referees are paid $25/game if 16+ years old. If you are under 16 and interested, it could count towards your community service requirement for school.
If interested in refereeing youth basketball please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all and good luck this season!!
SHS Yearbook Info!!
Yearbooks are on sale and can be ordered through this link- Yearbook24
Families of Seniors! Can you send a photo of your graduate when they were a baby? All photos should be JPEG format and sent to email@example.com. Thank you!”
School Counseling Corner
Mrs. Lauren Conti: All 11th and 12th grade students
Ms. Jennifer Richter: All 9th and 10th grade students
October/November Newsletter from Lauren and Jenn– CLICK HERE
Calendar of Events
The calendar of events provides a brief overview of upcoming events please read below for additional information and details.
- 12/13/23 5:30-7:00pm VIRTUAL FAFSA completion workshop with VSAC
- 12/14/23 10th Grade visit to GMTCC
Lamoille Family Center openings: Make a difference in the lives of babies, youth and families!
- CIS Strong Families Vermont Family Support Home Visitor: Deliver a range of home and community-based supports and services through family-centered and strengths-based approaches.
- 32 hrs/wk (with potential to increase)
- CIS Administrative Assistant: administrative support as a member of the Children’s Integrated Services (CIS) Team
- 32 hrs/wk
- To apply, send cover letter and resume to: Angela Mendieta, Lamoille Family Center, 480 Cady’s Falls Road, Morrisville, 05661 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Healing Concert with Danny Granstaff and Marie Hamilton: Improvisational music will be created and performed in the moment as the musicians are inspired by the audience, keeping in mind the spirit and intent of healing as we create an atmosphere of calm, soothing soundscapes.
- 12/1, 6-7:30
- Jenna’s House, 117. St John’s Road, Johnson
- Free admission
- Holiday Gift Making – Tuesdays, 3:30
- Sled Dogs Visit – 12/2, 1pm
- Light up the Library! – 12/6, 5pm – hot chocolate and the lit-up S.D. Ireland cement mixer on hand as we turn on our outdoor lights
- Makerspace – 12/8, 2pm & 12/27, 1pm
- New Years at Noon – 12/27, 11:45am, 5 and under
- Movie Matinee – 12/29, 1pm
Just for Tweens & Teens
- Virtual Author Talk: Victoria Aveyard – 12/5, 7pm – Let’s Talk World Building with YA Fantasy Fiction author Victoria Aveyard, author of the best selling Realm Breaker series.
- L.I.F.T. (LGBTQIA+) – Tuesday 12/19, 3:30pm
- Lip Balm Workshop – Wednesday 12/20, 3:30pm
Adult/All Ages Programs
- Pomander Ball Making Workshop – 12/1, 1pm
- Itchin’ to be Stitchin’ – 12/2 & 12/16, 10am
- Art & Unwind – 12/8, 11am
- Virtual Author Talk: Stephanie Land – 12/12, 2pm – Listen in as New York Times bestselling author Stephanie Land as she talks to us about her new memoir, Class: A Memoir of Motherhood, Hunger, and Higher Education.
- Aging Together – 11/15, 1pm
Family Update Archives